|Home||News||PhotoStamps||Stamps Issue||About us|
Stamps Series Issue
"Olympic Barcelona 1992"
Buy now for US $
Olympic Games were held since ancient Greece as long as 776 B.C. The tradition lsted for more than 1000 years but then died out under the rulers of Rome. In the late of 1810's a frechman, Baron Pierre de Coubertin (1862-1937) decided to try to revive the games again. He wished to renew those ideas of excellence of body, mind, and spirit shown in the classic greece olympics. He succeeded, and the modern olympic game was re-activated in Athens, Greece in 1986. Amateur athletes from all over the world take part in the modern Olympic Games. Any country may send a team in the games if it agrees to observe the rules of the Internastional Olympic Committee. The games are held during the first year of each olympiad ( a period of four years that begins in a leap year - 1964 - 1968 - 1972 - 1976 etc.).
The olympic motto is Citius - Altius - Fortius. These Latin words mean "Swifter, Higher, Stronger".
The important thing in the Olpic Games is not to win, but to take part. The essential thing in life is not conquering, but fighting well. The statement by Baron Pierre de Coubertin is the creed of modern Olympic Games.
To greet the event of XXV olympiad 1992, he Directorate General of Posts and Telecommunications on 1st June, 1992 issues a set of commemorative stamps and Souvenir Sheet, and the Public Corporation for Posts and Giro issues First Day Covers "OLYMPIADE XXV". these are to following specification:
Classification Stamp : Commemorative Stamp
1. Date of issue : 1 June 1992
2. Denominations :
a. Rp 75,00 featuring weight lifting
b. Rp 200,00 featuring badminton
c. Rp 300,00 featuring branches of sports
d. Rp 500,00 featuring tennis
e. Rp 1.000,00 featuring archery.
3. Quantity : 2.000.000 stamps for each denomination of Rp 75,00 - Rp 200,00 - Rp 300,00 - and Rp 500,00
1.000.000 stamps for denomination of Rp 1,000,00
4. Paper : White unwatermarked
5. Gum type : PVA
6. Printing process : Rotogravure in four colours bearing special marks in the form of emblem of Perum Pos dan Giro (Public Corporation of Posts and Giro) which are visible only under ultra-violet ray.
7. Size : 22.30 x 38.60 mm.
8. Perforation : 13.50 x 12.75
9. Sheet composition : 50 stamps per sheet.
10. Designers : Heri Purnomo and Triadi Margono
11. Printer : Perum PERURI.
B. SOUVENIR SHEET
1. Quantity : 40.000 pieces
2. Designer : Agus Sularso from PERUM PERURI
3. Price : Rp 5.000,00 / each
C. FIRST DAY COVER
1. Quantity : 15.000 pieces
2. Designer : Tata Sugiarta from Studio Olah Komunikasi Bandung
3. Price : Rp 2.600,00 / each