|Home||News||PhotoStamps||Stamps Issue||About us|
Stamps Series Issue
Buy now for US $ 3
Indonesia has various kinds of insects; among them there are about 2,500 kinds of butterflies. Ornithoptera goliath is a beautiful and biggest one in the world; its propagation is only in Seram island and Kepala Burung area of Irian Jaya Province.
In the event of innauguration of Insect Museum at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, on April 20, 1993 the Directorate General of Post and Telecommunications is issues series of single special stamp and the Public Corporation for Post and Giro (Perum Pos dan Giro) issues First Day Covers "INSECT" these are to the following spesifications :
Classification Stamp : Special Stamp
1. Date of issue : April 20, 1993
2. Denominations : Rp 1.000,00 depicting the flying Ornithoptera goliath and other kinds of butterflies
3. Quantity : 2.500.000pieces, which consits of:
- 2.000.000 pieces are printed in normal printing; and
- 500.000 pieces are overprinted by a word INDOPEX '93 on it
4. Paper : White unwatermarked
5. Gum type : PVA
6. Printing process : Rotogravure in four colours bearing special marks in the form of emblem of Perum Pos dan Giro (Public Corporation of Posts and Giro) which are visible only under ultra-violet ray.
7. Size : 28.96 x 45 mm.
8. Perforation : 12.50 x 12.50
9. Sheet composition : 50 stamps per sheet.
10. Designers : Ibnu Suroto from Perum PERURI
Designer materials from : Indonesian Zoological Park Association and Zoologicum Bogoriense Museum, Bogor
11. Printer : Perum PERURI, Jakarta.
B. FIRST DAY COVER
1. Quantity : 50.000 pieces
2. Designer : Slamet Sugianto, BA
3. Price : Rp 1.750,00 / each